Here’s a list of picks we suggest you follow if you want to step up your game with online casinos and video slots:
Stick a Fixed maximum payout
Some video slots have a fixed maximum payout whereas others have progressive jackpots which means they have a meter which increases the jackpot with every play without a return. Therefore, the more people play them the higher the jackpot.
Progressive games might seem the most attractive due to the high return. However, the huge disadvantage of the progressive games is that in most online casinos they are all linked together. Because of the number of people all playing for that huge jackpot amount, your odds of winning on a progressive game are lower.
That goes not only for the jackpot amount but also for the odds of winning smaller amounts as well. Therefore, it might be more profitable to stick to games with a fixed maximum payout and limit play on progressive games with huge jackpots.
Choose games with smallest jackpots
To have the best chance to win at slots in the short term, choose the games with the smallest jackpots.
The smaller the jackpot, the easier it is to win, increasing your chances of walking away a winner. The bigger the jackpot, the harder it is to actually hit and the more likely you’ll lose in the short-term.
It takes a lot of playing hours to create the huge jackpots which are why your chances are lower. Furthermore, games that are novelty themed with huge jackpots have the worst odds so stick to smaller returns.
Avoid video reels
Slot machines with videos might look more attractive and fun. But the reality is that these machines pay back far less than the normal machines. It can be anything up to a 5% less return, which might seem like nothing but is, in fact, a great amount for slots.
The reason for this? The videos and entertainment features on slots take a bit longer to display. While this is happening the casino is not making money. So, the machine is programmed to take a little more money from customers when they are playing. Therefore, a good idea is to stick to the classic slot machines in order to improve return.
How to win at online slots
- Play at a casino with a variety of slot titles Not all online casinos are created equal. You need to find one that has big named slot games and in your preferred type of genre. Remember, more is better.
- Find the RTP of your chosen slot game The Return to Player is the theoretical percentage of money that you’ll earn playing a slot game. A high RTP, like 96%, means that you’ll usually make 96% of your investments back on average when playing a slot.
A low RTP, around 70%, means you’ll usually only get 70% of your money back on average.
- Know the Volatility of your chosen slot game Would you rather have small, consistent wins or is it more fun to try and get infrequent yet huge wins? Highly volatile slots tend to have fewer payouts with more money; Low volatility slots usually have more frequent wins at a smaller value.
- Try to find games with Free Spins bonuses Many but not all online slots have bonus rounds that are triggered if certain conditions are met. In the bonus rounds, you get some special rules, game-play, and extra or free spins of the reel. Slot games with these bonus rounds often have huge payouts, although they can be volatile.
- Don’t chase losses! Have a set amount of money you’re prepared to spend on the slots. If you’re playing this afternoon with $40, you stop whether or not you’ve lost it all or have made a nice profit.
Don’t chase your loss in attempts to break even and when your allowance is up, walk away with your winnings if you have any.
- Remember to have fun. Online slots should never be a way to make money or strike it rich. Knowing the above tips can make your slot-playing experience even better! “The house always wins”, but you can still have a ton of fun while playing.